Description from the publisher
The Serrallés Mansion was built in 1926 into the south side of "El Vigia," one of the rolling foothills north of Ponce's center, for Eugenio Serrallés, a leader in the local sugar cane industry. The house, designed by architect Pedro Adolfo de Castro, represents one of the earliest examples of Spanish Moroccan architecture in Puerto Rico. The four-story house has a Y-shaped plan and a large central patio area. The third floor contains bedrooms, and the fourth floor, which mainly is the roof, contains tiled floor and covered areas used for entertaining. The Ponce Municipal Government bought the house in 1986 and opened as a museum in 1991.