Description from the publisher
The Church of San Blas de Illescas of Coamo is separated from the open plaza below by a series of ceremonial steps and a delicate cast iron balustrade. Construction on the church began in 1661; it has since been judged one of the most important works of religious architecture in Puerto Rico. The delicately curved Baroque facade reflects a major reconstruction completed in 1784. A two-level bell gable with open arches and bells is prominently featured in the facade. The parish of San Blas of Coamo is one of the oldest on the island.