Description from the publisher
Casa Cautiño's owner, Genaro Cautiño Vázquez, was a wealthy Guayama landowner as well as a colonel of the Volunteer Battalion of the Spanish Army. During the Spanish-Americn War, Casa Cautiño served as the headquarters for the American forces, and it was occupied by U.S. Brig. Gen. Frederick Dent Grant. After the war, Genaro Cautiño returned to the one-story U-shaped house with an interior patio at its center, which local architect Manual Texidor built in 1887 after having graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Paris. An important cultural resource located within the Puerto Rican government-recognized Guayama Historic Zone, Casa Cautiño is a museum dedicated to the town of Guayama and the Cautiño family.
How to get there
Junction of Vicente Palès and Palmer sts., where it overlooks the plaza in Guayama